Trio plays free

This weekend gospel music will be in the air at the Mississippi Horse Park. The gospel group Paid in Full will perform Sunday at 9 a.m. Paid in Full is a trio of men from New Albany with two albums to their name. The members of the group are Lance Moore, Bradley Littlejohn and Jeff Crews. The three men have been friends all their lives and sang in the same church choir.
    “When we started out we had some dreams, but working with a world-class legend like Jake Hess and all of the Gaither Homecoming Friends was too big to imagine,” Crews said in a brochure.
    There is always something going on at the horse park, according to the director of the AgriCenter and Fairgrounds, Bricklee Miller. When gospel groups have performed there in the past, they have received good response.
    “People are glad to know we’re diverse in what we have, so they’re excited to come out and hear gospel music,” said Justin Rhea, a horse park employee.
    Karen Schoenmeyer, the promoter of this weekend’s activities, wanted to include Paid in Full in the festivities so Sunday would be a worship service.
    The concert is free, and vendors will be present selling food and drinks, but people can bring in picnic lunches.
    Friday starts a weekend of barrel racing with $15,000 in prize money at stake. Over 1,000 riders are expected to compete, according to Miller.