U.S performs in free concert

“High energy, explosive, crazy, insane and off the wall,” are just a few words used to describe the wildly popular cover band U.S, and you can see them for free. As part of the planned activities for Super Bulldog Week, the Campus Activity Board, in association with MSU’s AFTER Hours program, will sponsor U.S in concert April 4 at the MSU Amphitheater. The show sill begin at 8 p.m.
    With Kelly Nagy as lead vocalist, Jeff Manns on guitar, Richie Wright on drums and Chase Lexi on Bass, the band is originally from Ontario, Canada.
    U.S has played in Starkville on several occasions, at Rick’s Caf? and at different fraternity and sorority events, not to mention having toured colleges and universities over the East Coast of the United States.
    The rock group has been noted for their driving percussion, scorching guitar, rich vocals and sense of humor.
    “This is a free event. It’ll be good entertainment, and a quality fun time,” CAB student director David Slocum said. “U.S is a good band; they put on a great show.”
    AFTER Hours project director Amy Wooten said that events like this help provide alternative alcohol free entertainment in an effort to keep students on campus and away from the bars.
    “Our objective is to prevent students from engaging in high-risk drinking behavior and to reduce underage drinking,” Wooten said.
    U.S. performs cover songs of Bon Jovi, DefLeppard, Poison, Garth Brooks and Prince, to name a few.
    “I expect the concert to be a good event because U.S is popular, and being outside at the amphitheater, it’s going to be warm. I expect anywhere from 100 to 300 people to show up,” Wooten said.
    Check the online listing of other Super Bulldog Week activities at www.msubulldog.msstate.edu/calendar/2002sbw.
    For more information on the concert, contact CAB Director Paula Raffo at 325-2930, and for AFTER Hours information, visit www.afterhours.msstate.edu.