Patience needed to cure engagement ring woes

Q: My boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year. Even though it hasn’t quite been that long, we are talking about getting married within the year. So now I’ve been looking forward to a summer wedding. The only thing is that I have yet to get the ring. He keeps hinting about getting one, but I have yet to have it on my finger. I am starting to think he may have cold feet. Am I worried for no reason, or is this really a problem?
    A: You are wasting your time worrying about something like this. If you two were really serious about getting married, then you will get your ring soon. This is an uncontrollable situation that is in your boyfriend’s hands. There’s nothing you can do about this except wait. I know that being patient is a hard thing to do, but find something to take your mind off this issue. Grab your closest friends and go shopping. Shopping is a sensible solution to many girls’ problems. Just make sure you avoid the jewelry stores in the mall like the plague.
    Another thing you should avoid is annoying your boyfriend by asking him where your ring is. Guys need us girls to give them space to make sure that they are making the right decision. Why is this ring is so important to you? It seems as if you need this ring to assure any doubts you may have of him getting cold feet. Maybe your guy’s feet are lukewarm with the thought of marriage but boiling hot with the thought of having you in his life forever.
    Don’t forget to take into consideration that your significant other may not be as serious as you were when you two were discussing marriage. Another possibility could be that he may be busy working those extra hours to make extra money on that paycheck of his. Bling costs a pretty penny. Most rings are the equivalent of the cost of 50 pairs of your favorite shoes.
    You should be enjoying the thought that you are getting engaged soon, so just go with the flow. Your future fianc is probably waiting for the perfect opportunity to give you that little token of affection that you are anxiously awaiting. He probably has something creative and romantic up his sleeve planned, and he hopefully wants to make this experience memorable by surprising you at the most unexpected moment.
    Refer to that old saying, “Patience is a virtue” in a situation like this. If he was as serious as you thought, you should have a ring soon. If not, he was just saying what he thought you wanted to hear, which isn’t always a bad thing. If he cared enough to make a promise like that, he obviously cares a lot about you. Give him the benefit of the doubt and if it doesn’t show up soon, you should reconsider the seriousness of this relationship.