UPDATE: New charges made in Joseph Tillman case

S.+Pippins
S. Pippins

According to a Starkville Police Department Press Release, a fifth arrest was made Tuesday concerning the robbery of Joseph Tillman shortly before his murder. 
The press release said the U.S. Marshall Task Force apprehended 18-year old Syboris A. Pippins with a felony warrant. The felony warrant was issued in regards to the robbery of Tillman, a Mississippi State University student. Pippins was transported to Oktibbeha County Jail with an original bond of $50,000. He made his initial Municipal Court appearance yesterday at 2 p.m. 
Yesterday, Pippins’ charge of robbery was upgraded to capital murder with a bond of $2,000,000. 
Pippins’ arrest followed after District Attorney Scott Colom said at a press conference Monday that evidence indicated a robbery occurred before the death of Tillman. 
“There was a robbery that occurred prior to the shooting,” Colom said. “At this time, we don’t have evidence to indicated that Mr. Barker or any of the other suspects that they assisted or abated in the robbery.”
Starkville Chief of Police Frank Nichols said at the press conference Monday two weapons were recovered and sent to the crime lab and the police department was waiting for the results from the lab.

Jaylen Barker, murder suspect who was apprehended on Sunday, was charged with possession of a stolen firearm. The bond for the charge of the stolen weapon is $25,000. Yesterday, his murder was also upgraded to capital murder with a bond of $2,000,000 making his total bond $2,025,000.
Brandon Sherrod, who was apprehended on Sunday and charged with murder, as an accessory, was bonded Tuesday on a $500,000 bond. 
The MSU Student Association released a resolution to extend condolences to the family and friends of Joseph Tillman yesterday. Resolution 28 stated “After meeting him only once, his kindness and infectious smile turned any stranger into a friend. The loss of such a promising young man affects us all.”
The SA stated the university mourns the loss of Tillman as a whole.
“As we mourn the tragic loss of one of our own, the Mississippi State University family’s thought and prayers are with Joseph’s family and friends because when one of us hurts we all hurt.”
The resolution thanked the Starkville Police Department and Mississippi State Student Counseling Services for their support and service following the murder of Tillman. 
MSU encourages students to take advantage of counseling offered to students at the Student Counseling Center. Drop-in grief counseling is available in the Colvard Student Union from 11-2 p.m. everyday until next Friday.