Creative coffee drinks for spring

Sara Story

Strange Brew offers Girl Scout cookie flavored drinks to customers to bring in the spring weather and spring break.

Most students are familiar with Fall drink trends. Pumpkin spice and peppermint everything are all the rage at Starbucks and just about every other coffee shop. That craze continues for about three months and then, sadly, it passes until the next year.

Luckily, for those who reside in Starkville, Strange Brew fixes the boring spring months. Thankfully, we do not have to have to live off boring black coffee until next fall comes around. 

Spring-time coffee flavors at Strange Brew are all about Girl Scout cookies. As if they could not get any better, cookies meet coffee in the Thin Mint, Samoas, Tag-a-long, Lemon and Toffee-tastic frappucinos. All of these drinks come blended with the cookies in them.

Last year, Strange Brew featured it’s Girl Scout cookie drinks as well. However, this year the toffee-tastic drink is new. Made with the gluten-free toffee-tastic cookies, this drink is a healthier alternative for those who cut gluten out of their diets. 

Katelyn Reed, owner of Strange Brew Coffee House, said she is excited to see how popular the new drink will be.

“Toffee-tastic is all new to the menu this year, so it has been the least popular,” Reed said. “I’m excited to see how it does though.”

As if the frappucinos were not enough, brownies for all of the cookie flavors, as well as a Samoas cake are also available. 

Other spring options for those looking for something different are the Lavender Latte and the Dojo. The latte is made with espresso and lavender flavoring, while the Dojo is made with hot chai tea and lavender flavoring. 

A little bit further into the season, around Easter time, a Peeps frappucino will also be available. This drink is made with actual Peep marshmallows. 

Freshman Josh Zdon said he has tried all of the Girl Scout Cookie drinks.

“Personally, the Thin Mint frappucino is my favorite,” Zdon said. “I love the mint and chocolate combination.”

To try out one of the new spring drinks featured at Strange Brew, or all of them, just stop by the store. The shop is open from 6 a.m. to 12 a.m. every day of the week, making it a very convenient stop for all busy college students.