In Brief

Former MSU, NFL great Kent Hull passes away 
Kent Hull, former offensive lineman for Mississippi State and the Buffalo Bills, passed away Wednesday at the age of 50.
Hull lettered at MSU from 1979-1982 and was a Freshman All-SEC selection and 1979 and pre-season All-American in 1982. After three years in the USFL, Hull anchored the offensive line of the Buffalo Bills from 1986-1996 and was selected to the Pro Bowl three times. He was a part of the Bills’ teams that played in four consecutive Super Bowls.
When the Pro Football Hall of Fame released its list of nominees for the Class of 2012 in September, Hull was one of 14 offensive linemen on the list. Hull has been inducted into the MSU Sports Hall of  Fame and the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame. He is also on the Wall of Fame at the Bills’ Ralph Wilson Stadium.
Services for Hull will be held at First Presbyterian Church in Greenwood, Miss. Visitation will be held at 12:30 p.m. on Friday, followed by the funeral at 2 p.m. Hull is survived by his wife, Kay, and two children, Drew and Ellen.

MSU names All-Century basketball team
Mississippi State announced 20 players have been named to the MSU All-Century team as part of the program’s celebration of 100 years of basketball. The group was chosen by a panel comprised of former coaches and players, media members and current basketball staff and athletic personnel, MSU officials said in a release.
Fans will be able to vote for a starting five out of the 20 listed players at mstateathletics.com. The 20 players, listed in chronological order of when they lettered at MSU, are Coyte Vance, Jim Ashmore, Bailey Howell, Joe Dan Gold, W.D. “Red” Stroud, Leland Mitchell, Ray White, Rickey Brown, Wiley Peck, Jeff Malone, Greg Carter, Cameron Burns, Tony Watts, Eric Dampier, Darryl Wilson, Dontae’ Jones, Mario Austin, Timmy Bowers, Lawrence Roberts and Jarvis Varnado.
MSU also released a list of the 10 greatest games in MSU basketball history, and fans can vote for the top game at mstateathletics.comas well.
In a scheduling note, MSU basketball SID Gregg Ellis said Thursday night Fox Sports will televise State’s game against Detriot-Mercy on Dec. 17. The game is set to tip off at 11 a.m.

Softball hosts exhibition against USM Saturday
Mississippi State softball will host a double-header against Southern Miss Saturday at the MSU softball field as part of the team’s statewide fall tour. The first game will begin at 1 p.m. and will mark the home debut of new head coach Vann Stuedeman. Admission to the game is free, and two tickets set to be given away to the Alabama vs. MSU football game on Nov. 12. The softball game is MSU’s only home game scheduled on the fall slate.