Fan Fair activities in Junction during Super Bulldog Weekend

Last night, Super Bulldog Weekend was kicked off with the presentation of “Toy Story 3” and an appearance by Coach Dan Mullen for the Student Association’s Movie Night at Davis Wade Stadium. That was only the beginning of the many activities to come throughout this weekend. Rhett Hobart, SA president, said, “This Super Bulldog Weekend will be a celebration of the Mississippi State community that is represented by the support of the athletes, students, and alumni who represent our university.” 
    Unlike previous years, this year’s Super Bulldog Weekend is not on the same weekend as the Cotton District Arts Festival. The Greater Starkville Development Partnership has contributed its efforts to unite Super Bulldog Weekend with the city of Starkville for the Spring Open House. From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, stores and restaurants throughout the downtown area will have specials.
    Yesterday, numerous teams across Mississippi and western Alabama set up their grills behind McArthur Hall to participate in the Pig Cook-Off. With the sponsorship of the Mississippi Pork Producers, they will help put on the annual Pig Cook-Off.
    “We are very glad that we have the opportunity to work with the Mississippi State Pork Producers for this event. They want to help get the pork products to our fans,” Chad Thomas, director of athletic marketing, said.
    The placement of the participants is judged upon consistency and the tenderness of the meat. The Pig Cook-off will begin at 8 a.m. today. At 4 p.m. today and 11 a.m. Saturday, the general public is welcome to a sampling of the grills.
    Before the Maroon-White scrimmage, the Mississippi State Fan Fair will be set up in the Junction from 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Inflatables will be there for kids to jump on.
    “Part of making the Fan Fair a success is adding several events that get the crowd excited. We manage the Fan Fair for Super Bulldog Weekend like we do for the fall season,” Joe Galbraith, MSU Football Sports Information Director, said.
    Several former Mississippi State football players will be under a tent signing autographs. Fans who are wanting an autograph must provide only one item to be signed. Both the mascot and live Bully will be hanging out at the Fan Fair as well.
    Upon entering Davis-Wade Stadium, students will get their valid student IDs scanned by a SA member as a chance to win a prize. A computer will select random names to receive the prizes during the first half and half time. The winners must be present to accept their awards. In collaboration with the SA, the Mississippi State Athletic Department is co-sponsoring the game.
    “It was Chad Thomas’s decision, in part, to have the drawing, which I think will strengthen the support of the game,” Hobart said.
    Prizes Mississippi State University students have a chance at winning are an autographed football, a $100 Barnes & Noble gift card, 32 GB iPod Touch, free textbooks from Barnes & Noble, an iPad 2 and even a semester of free tuition.
    During the Maroon-White scrimmage, the new True Maroon campaign video for this season will make its debut. The new True Maroon T-shirts will be available for purchase at Barnes & Noble in a few weeks so that students can keep Fridays Maroon.