Robert Randolph to headline Old Main Music Fest April 9

Old Main Music Festival will kick off Saturday, Apr. 9 at the MSU Amphitheatre immediately the Maroon and White scrimmage on Super Bulldog Weekend. Headlining this year’s festival is Robert Randolph and The Family Band. Also on the bill with Robert Randolph is New Orleanian funk/soul band e.company with R&B signer Shantel. The fourth band performing will be the winner of the Campus Activities Board’s battle of the bands.
Brice Lambert, marketing director for Music Maker Productions, said a lot of planning went into the billing of artists to make a well-rounded concert. Organizers said that one of their biggest missions was contributing to the ambience of Super Bulldog Weekend.
“I think we’ve really thought about the atmosphere of the day. We put a lot of thought into having something for every one,” Lambert said.
The event is free and open to the public.
Rhett Hobart, SA president, said he was thrilled about the lineup for Old Main, especially since there has never been as many bands scheduled to perform.
“We’re going to have four bands — we’ve never had that before. With the next week after Old Main, Zac Brown Band is coming and we wanted to cover our bases and get a lot of different music for Old Main,” Hobart said. “As soon as the scrimmage game is over we’re going to have music. Of course, Robert Randolph is the headliner and I’m sure we’ll have to get a stick to get him off stage once he gets going, it’s going to be a great concert.”