Sauna studio comes to Starkville

HOTWORX, an infrared sauna studio which offers complete convenience and comfort, will open its newest location on University Drive later this summer.
HOTWORX is a fitness center for any schedule or workout preference, and it offers three free visits for all first-timers. It will be open 24/7, and will offer private 9-by-7 dry saunas with a maximum of three occupants.
Compared to other gyms and fitness studios, HOTWORX offers short, high-intensity workouts with maximum results.
“Some of the benefits of this is that it burns a lot of calories, sweats out toxins, improves sleep, lowers blood pressure and improves complexion,” said Rob Thornton, co-owner of Starkville HOTWORX.
Thornton said monthly memberships go on sale in June, starting at $29 a month and will increase gradually until reaching the normal rate of $59 a month. Once a person becomes a member, scheduling classes will be available through the HOTWORX app. There is a three-person limit per workout space, which allows complete comfort and focus. Members can choose to schedule classes with friends upon request through the app.
Shelby Buitt, a Starkville native and former HOTWORX member, said she enjoyed going to the fitness center.
“I tried HOTWORX in Oxford, and really enjoyed it,” Buitt said. “It was a vigorous workout guided by a videoed instructor that helped me know what to do. One of the things I found really great about HOTWORX was the privacy. My friend and I would go to the studio whenever we had time, and we found it beneficial in all aspects.”
Buitt also praised the app.
“It’s really easy to use. When I was ready to go, I just scheduled the session and the sauna was ready for me when I got there,” Buitt said.
MSU student Sydney Botler said she has heard of HOTWORX, and looks forward to its opening in Starkville.
“I’m looking forward to trying it,” Botler said. “I’ve seen it on Instagram, and want to know what it’s about.”
For more information about HOTWORX, visit its Instagram and Facebook page.