Welcome letter from the Editor-in-Chief

Kristina Domitrovich
Welcome letter from the Editor-in-Chief

Welcome Baby Bulldogs,
I am so excited you have all chosen Mississippi State University as your home for the next four or so years of your life. Take advantage of your time here and leave no stone unturned as you experience all college life has to offer. It feels like just yesterday that I was an incoming freshman, and a large part of me wishes I could turn back time and do it all over again.
College will be the best and most informative years of your life, so embrace every minute of it. It will not always be easy, and sometimes you will ask yourself if it is all worth it. I can tell you with 100% certainty that it is. The friends, knowledge, experience and maturity you will gain outweigh any cons college may possess. 
For many of you, this will be your first time away from your parents and childhood friends, but do not be afraid to get outside of your comfort zone. If I could impart only one piece of advice to you all, I would say to be brave. Do not be afraid to initiate a conversation with a stranger, try out for that highly sought-after student organization or take challenging classes. You will be better for it, and I can promise you will regret it if you do not try.
As I enter my senior year, I realize I have truly found a home here and as a result, I have come to dread the day I will have to walk across the stage for my diploma. My co-workers at The Reflector have become my second family, and I am forever indebted to this newspaper for giving me a purpose and some of my lifelong friends. I can guarantee there is a place for everyone on campus, and who knows, you may find your home at The Reflector as I have. 
So, get out there and find your niche, find your friends and find yourself. 
Best wishes, 
Mia Rodriguez
Editor-in-Chief