Letter to the Editor: Former online editor’s family gives thanks

On Friday, Aug. 6, 2010, we attended the Adam Kazery Short Film Benefit held at Old Venice in Starkville. The benefit was the brainchild of Mississippi State University student Stephen Ward to honor the memory of our beloved Adam, The Reflector Online Editor from 2008-2010.
    Through diligence, dedication and hard work by Stephen and many others, the benefit was a huge success. Almost 100 people enjoyed music, creative short films and fellowship. Donations benefitting the New Orleans, Louisiana Ochsner Clinic Foundation Pediatric Fund in Adam’s memory totaled almost $500.00.
    As it is impossible to thank everyone individually who supported the benefit, we could not think of a more appropriate way to convey our thanks and appreciation than through a Letter to the Editor of The Reflector.
    Thank you to all those who worked to make the benefit successful including the organizers, sponsors, those who submitted short films and the talented bands that provided the entertainment. Thank you to all who honored Adam by attending the benefit and who made donations to Ochsner. The sacrifice of your donations will make a huge difference in the lives of children enduring illnesses and diseases. Thank you, each and every one, for being a friend to Adam.
    Thank you, Stephen Ward, that for the sake of Adam you dreamed the idea of the benefit. Thank you for working tirelessly to make it a reality creating memories for his loving family and friends!
    With humble, heartfelt gratitude to all and in loving memory of Adam, we close this letter of thanks with these words: “IT WAS GOOD!”