Falor spurs Dawgs with Clemson run

The Mississippi State women’s track team posted good finishes and found much success in their opening meet of the season at Clemson, S.C. On the first day of the two-day Clemson Invitational, sophomore Marrissa Harris and freshmen Laquinta Aaron both advanced to the finals in their sprint events.
    Harris posted a time of 9.42 seconds in her 60-meter hurdles event, while Aaron, in her MSU debut, posted a time of 8.24 in the 60-meter dash.
    In the throwing events, sophomore Emily Sanders placed seventh in the 20-pound weight throw with a throw of 52-6, a new personal record for her.
    Sophomore Nicole Rosetti also posted a personal best record in the 5,000-meter run on Friday, posting a time of 18:45.00 minutes to finish fourth.
    On Saturday, junior Annie Falor finished third in both of her distance events, earning the MSU squad a seventh place overall in the meet.
    Falor posted a time of 5:1.84 seconds in the mile run and followed up with a time of 10:4.27 minutes in the 3000-meter run.
    In other running events, sophomore Abbey Graham placed eighth in the 8,000-meter run posting a time of 2:20.98, a personal best time.
    Sophomore Michelle Corrigan posted a time of 10:16.95 to finish fifth in the 3,000-meter run.
    “Annie Falor had a good day,” MSU women’s track head coach Al Schmidt said. “It wasn’t a very aggressive weekend, and we did not shoot all of our bullets since it was our first meet.”
    While impressed with his team’s success, Schmidt still has his attention on the SEC Indoor Track Championships.
    “We were right there with Alabama and Auburn,” Schmidt said. “Our goal is still the SEC championships.”
    Schmidt and his team will now turn their focus next to their next meet, the Bayou Bengal Invite, on Friday in Baton Rouge, La.