Bears will end Colts’ lucky playoff streak

I would like to cut through the riffraff on the team I believe is going to win Super Bowl XLI. I’m taking the Bears, or at least I’m praying they win. The Bears are preserving the sanctity of smash-mouth football.
    Colts quarterback Peyton Manning is so overrated. I’ll tell you why they are so successful lately.
    Note they only got “good” after they started the illegal contact rule. Before that, the Colts would get into the playoffs, get roughed up and then go back to the house.
    Now all he has to do is sit back in the shotgun, which gives him more time to throw.
    He has a pretty good line, so when you couple that with him being so far back, he’s almost untouchable.
    Also they have their timing down.
    If you’ve got timing the way that the Colts do, the defensive backs don’t have time to react to the play.
    This is why Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne are always so open.
    Back before the illegal contact rules, they would get jammed on the line.
    Their timing would be off, and they were so one-dimensional that their game plan would go to hell!
    I personally believe Manning is not very good under pressure, and the only thing he has working to his advantage is the way he runs that offense.
    When people get in his face, he panics.
    He can’t even operate very well with a hostile crowd, and I don’t want to hear anything about him playing “good” in Baltimore.
    That Baltimore game was a hoax.
    That was the best defensive performance I have ever seen, and the Ravens still lost!
    In fact, the Colts’ whole playoff run has been a hoax. They are the beneficiaries of a bunch of teams laying goose-eggs.
    The Chiefs played like the Browns.
    The Ravens offense was non-existent. In fact they did show up!
    The Colts didn’t even score a touchdown in that game. The Ravens offense kept giving them the ball on the 20 yard-line every possession.
    The fact that the game wasn’t 35-0 is a miracle.
    Then – in the midst of yet another butt-whooping to the Patriots – the Colts didn’t do anything special … again.
    The Patriots offense went flat, and the Colts simply caught up.
    The Colts are soft, and everybody knows it.
    Their run defense hasn’t gotten better. The Chiefs didn’t mix it up enough, and Jamaal Lewis isn’t very good anymore.
    I’m going to go out on a limb and say that if Rex Grossman doesn’t play like Jake Plummer (which, by the way, there’s a strong possibility that he will), then we football purists, those who enjoy the physicality, not the flashiness, of the game, have nothing to worry about.