Death to the draft

The ages of 18, 19 and 20 are very peculiar. During this 3-year span, a man can be forcibly thrust into the middle of war and kill another human being, and yet, this same man cannot get drunk on the weekend.Our government is a little selfish. It looks after its own needs rather than the needs of its citizens. The state has the immature mentality of a small child. It plays with its toys and then throws them away.
    The problem is that people are not toys, and the government is too powerful to act like a greedy 6-year-old who doesn’t play nice.
    I think some Americans live in a na’ve fantasy world where the state and the people are on the same team.
    This simply isn’t so. The government has gained so much power that it has become its own beast. It will eat even its own citizens to satisfy its needs. Soldiers sit in the hands of the state as a rock in the hands of primal man. War is a very useful tool to ensure the state’s survival, which is the reason Americans should be wary of its usage.
    This is beside the point. The heart of the matter, which lies in the mind of every concerned citizen, is that a government who is more anxious to put a gun in your hand than a beer is not one to be trusted. The fact that the government puts its own needs before the individual is what disturbs me.
    Actually, the fact that the government does this with no complaints from citizens is what’s most disturbing. It doesn’t perturb the average citizen to be used by the state rather than be protected.
    Many Americans have no concept of how the state should behave. They forget that if every individual person acted like our government acts, we would destroy ourselves. We would constantly seek the most destructive solution to each problem without regard for those we would hurt. When asked why we do this, we would demean the small authority of those that are given so much. In reality though, it is the citizen who gives and the state that takes. We had freedom, but we traded it for a little piece of supposed safety.
    I think it’s every citizen’s responsibility to keep an eye on this awful thing living on Capitol Hill. While the state talks of evil far across the waters and demands that you take arms against your will without the freedom that makes you an American, remember the evil that sleeps so peacefully right here in the USA.