Form multiple lines, please

Chik-fil-A has the hardest-working staff I’ve ever seen in a fast-food restaurant. The workers have never messed up any of my orders, and food comes out quickly and tastes great. Unfortunately, the average bunch of Chik-fil-A customers leaves a lot to be desired.
    It’s sad that one has to point out such a trivial nuisance, but after eating at this restaurant for two semesters, something must be said.
    No more single file. Please, just cut it out.
    If you order your food from Chik-fil-A regularly, you know what I’m talking about. Yes, the entrance to the restaurant is not ideal. In fact, it’s probably the worst entrance in the history of humankind. Many times when you try to get in or out of the restaurant, a steady stream of people is flooding in the opposite direction. At most restaurants, this isn’t a problem. There are usually multiple entrances at restaurants, and the worst thing you have to do is hold open the door for someone who probably doesn’t deserve your Southern manners.
    Not the case at Chik-fil-A. But the fact that you have to become Mr. Fantastic – Plastic Man for DC fans – to order food and leave is not the issue.
    I hate to keep running around the point, but the setup is important. Let’s say you see a long line extending outside onto the sidewalk in front of Chik-fil-A. You decide that you don’t want to eat anything else but Chik-fil-A and get in line. Because the staff of the restaurant works extremely well, the wait isn’t as long as you think. You walk into the first doorway with the responsibility of holding the front door open with your foot.
    As you get closer and closer to the second door, you become disturbed. Not because of the wait. Not because someone walks out complaining about poor service. Not because you suddenly remember a Coldplay or Nickelback song.
    You peer through the glass near the second door and realize that not one but multiple cash registers are open, and everyone is in single file. You squint your eyes because you can’t believe what you’re witnessing. “Yep, there is only one line despite the multiple open registers,” you think as you gnash your teeth. “Interesting, just interesting.”
    So this is where centuries of advancement have brought us. Mind you, if this persists we’ll never develop a time machine.
    If we did have a time machine, I would travel back and find the first line of people at Chik-fil-A who performed this atrocity and kidney punch each and every one of them. It wouldn’t even be fair. I would walk behind them like a coward and wham! right to the urine-controller.
    So why not attack current offenders? Well, it’s a social movement. Obviously, a rational person wouldn’t do this. However, there’s not much you can do when an idiotic practice has been established. You just have to stand there and whistle the tune to “My Little Pony” and hope that God really can forgive sinful thoughts.
    I suppose one could skip and start a new line – the line that should rightfully be there. But that wouldn’t be good form. No one likes a line-skipper. Even if that line-skipper is doing the right thing.
    It all goes back to what JFK said: “Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country.” You can do something for your country. You can prove that maybe our education system isn’t an embarrassing failure.