Famous Maroon Band out of tune

Like many Mississippi State athletic fans, I enjoy hearing the Famous Maroon Band play “Hail State” or the Star Wars Imperial Death March at our football games.
    However, for some reason our band continues to play the wrong song at the wrong time. For instance, against Auburn with about nine minutes to go in the first quarter on a third down and nine play from the Auburn 48-yard line, Auburn’s quarterback completed a pass to his receiver, Courtney Taylor, for 18 yards and a first down to the MSU 34 yard line, which is right in front of our band.
    Now, typically I would hope that the band would play something to get the players fired up, or get the crowd back into the game after a tough defensive play where the opponent did well.
    Nope, not the Famous Maroon Band. Instead, it plays the Imperial Death March.
    This song should be saved for when we make a great play such as a interception, a big defensive stop or a QB sack, not after the opposition gets a first down. That is just ridiculous. I cannot imagine how it made our players feel to have their own band playing the Death March in their ears after Auburns first down.
    I realize that the band director and/or leader is the one who makes that call, so I am not blaming the band in whole, but can someone please put a stop to this ignorance?
    Elva Kay Lance is the director of bands, so I beg of her to stop this nonsense. This is not an isolated incident but rather something that consistently brings embarrassment to MSU athletics, fans and the band members who know the difference.
    Join me in supporting MSU athletics and the MSU Famous Maroon Band, but we should expect more from their leaders.