New auditorium opens Monday

The Lee Hall Auditorium interior will be completed by Monday for its first performance in the newly renovated space. The auditorium will be campus’s largest auditorium space, with 1,000 seats.
    The auditorium, which is nearly 100 years old, has received a complete renovation. The renovation includes central heat and air conditioning, a larger stage, new dressing room and restroom facilities for performers and new seating. This is the first renovation the auditorium has received since it was first built. The auditorium will also be accessible to the disabled in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act.
    “I really am excited about this new renovation project,” junior major Bronwen Tinsley said. “It is one more thing to be thankful for at MSU.”
    “The main cost of the renovation went to adding a heating and air conditioning system, which the auditorium did not have before,” Bill Kibler, vice president for student affairs, said.
    The auditorium’s first performance on Monday, will be The 5 Browns, a classical piano performance group. They are performing as a part of the university’s Lyceum Series.
    MSU junior Ryan Esrael from Germantown, Tenn., said he is very excited about the new auditorium in Lee Hall.
    “The inconvenience of construction is such a small price to pay for such a great new space in such a historic building on campus.”