New Reflector staff steps in for 2006-07

As the year draws to a close, the new Reflector staff is taking the reigns with exciting ideas and fresh thinking.
    Sophomore journalism major Tyler Stewart is the incoming editor in chief of The Reflector, and he said he will maintain the professionalism that the newspaper is known for. He previously held the entertainment editor position.
    Although many of last year’s staff are gone, several have remained on and will continue to strive for the excellence The Reflector seeks, evidenced by several awards at the Southeast Journalism Conference earlier this year.
    Stewart said he wants to “continue delivering a quality newspaper to a quality campus.”
    Jed Pressgrove, a senior communication major, is continuing as the opinion editor for next year. He hopes to bring new elements and ideas to the paper for next year. Polls and reader involvement are just two ideas for the forthcoming year, according to Pressgrove.
    Senior journalism major Aaron Burdette is the news editor. He said he wants to improve the quality of the stories and page layout. He had previously been a news writer at The Reflector.
    Senior broadcasting major C.J. LeMaster steps into the role of assistant news editor and brings a lot to the table. He covered the state beat this past year and also covered the Hurricane Katrina disaster. LeMaster said, “I enjoy letting people know what is happing on campus.”
    Senior journalism major Ross Dellenger is the new managing editor. He was the sports editor last year and said he hopes to improve the writing further.
    Dellenger is replaced by junior secondary education major R.J. Morgan as the new sports editor. Morgan said, “I am happy to have the opportunity and hope to do well,” referring to his new position.
    Junior journalism major Ben Mims is the new copy editor, and senior communication major Gabe Smith is the entertainment editor for the upcoming year.
    Senior communication major Sara McAdory is the new online editor. She had previously been the news editor at The Reflector.
    Four editions remain for the new staff before adjourning for the summer, with a summer edition hitting campus in June.