MSU plans for Super weekend

Mississippi State University is preparing for Super Bulldog Weekend, when events ranging from book sales to baseball games will be underway on campus.
    The annual MSU Libraries book sale will take place from 9 a.m. to noon at Mitchell Memorial Library.
    Library publicity committee member Lyle Tate said the main goal for the book sale is to get everyone who is on campus this weekend to explore the library and buy some books.
    Books that have been donated to the library will be sold, Tate said.
    Prices range from a quarter to a dollar, he said. The proceeds go to acquisitions to buy more books.
    Tate said this event usually takes place during Homecoming, but this year it was decided that it would be held over Super Bulldog Weekend.
    The annual Interior Design Senior Exhibit will be held from 2 to 5 p.m. Friday and from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday in the Giles Hall gallery.
    Director of the interior design program Beth Miller said this is a chance for the senior interior design students to display the work they have done since they entered the program.
    This is also a good chance for parents of the students to see what their children have done, she said.
    Executive director of the Alumni Association Jimmy Abraham said the Alumni Association and Bancorp South will sponsor the official beginning of Super Bulldog Weekend on Friday with a lunchtime event to which everyone is invited.
    Head football coach Sylvester Croom and baseball coach Ron Polk will speak at the event at 11:15 a.m.
    The Alumni Association will serve catfish plates and ice cream, and there will be entertainment and face painting for the kids.
    Special guests attending this event are MSU President Charles Lee, his wife Pat and MSU alumni.
    “The alumni do so much for this great university,” Abraham said. He said students always do a good job at making the alumni feel welcome just by being themselves.
    Abraham said that students should continue to reach out to the alumni like they already do.
    “I hope everyone turns out for Super Bulldog Weekend so we can all have a super time,” he said.
    Sophomore agronomy major Tanner Wakefield said he is definitely planning on going to the MSU vs. Georgia baseball games all weekend.
    He said he is also looking forward to the Maroon and White game, the football team’s spring scrimmage.
    “Super Bulldog Weekend is good because it helps the university to attract new people,” he said.
    Junior teaching and coaching major John Toler said his favorite part of Super Bulldog Weekend is all the new people he will meet.
    He also said he will be at the baseball games and the Maroon and White game.
    “I can’t wait to see State win the baseball games,” he said.