Golden Triangle residents cruise Tenn-Tom in Columbus

If you’re looking for a fun and relaxing way to a get away for a while, look no further than America’s Countryside Dinner Cruise. Passengers take a cruise aboard The Gramp Woo, a 115-foot spacious cruise boat on Nov. 12 at 6:15 p.m. at the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway in Columbus.
    The cruise is offered by the Columbus/Lowndes Convention and Visitor Bureau.
    “We’re just trying to bring a unique event to the Golden Triangle Area,” Leslie McCain, group tour coordinator, said.
    The America’s Countryside Dinner Cruise features live entertainment, a photographer on board to take pictures of the passengers and a dinner buffet which will be served in the main salon.
    Passengers can feast on baked ham, mashed potatoes, cream style corn, coleslaw, dinner rolls, iced tea and desert.
    The upper deck will be available for mingling and is handicap accessible.
    McCain said this is only the second time for the event, and response was really good from the first time.
    McCain said seating is limited and reservations must be made by Nov. 5.
    “This event is a great opportunity for everyone, and they hope to make the cruise an annual fall and spring happening,” McCain said.
    The cruise boat will return at 9:30 p.m. Tickets for the cruise are $28 per person for adults and $23 for children 12 and under. The cost for meal is not included.
    For reservations, call 1-800-327-2686.