Hillary Clinton displays wealth of experience

Matt Watson is the opinion editor at The Reflector. He can be contacted at [email protected].In short, there is no one braver than Hillary Clinton in our society. She stands for honesty and integrity and, like her daughter Chelsea, who recently told a student that the Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky affair was none of his business, will not tolerate bull from anyone.
    For instance, last week she finally condemned Barack Obama and his evil cohort, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright. As evidenced by recent videos splashed all over cable news programs (e.g., “Hannity & Some Other Guy”), Obama and Wright were probably conspiring to overthrow American society. Wright’s accusations of there being racism in America are absolutely ludicrous. Clinton stamped her foot down on this issue and reprimanded Obama for sitting in the same room with such a person. This is at least one event that illustrates Clinton’s daring patriotism. She is probably more patriotic than President Bush, who boldly protects our nation from the terrorists.
    In response to the Obama-Wright scandal, Clinton delved into complex theological issues about the concept of church family.
    “While we don’t have a choice when it comes to our relatives,” she said, according to a New York Times article, “we do have a choice when it comes to our pastors or our church.”
    How insightful! In fact, I would say this is much more insightful than Obama’s speech about racism, which was far too long and nuanced to hold my attention.
    And just when I thought Clinton couldn’t get more patriotic, I heard that once upon a time, she dodged sniper fire in Bosnia. How cool is that! It seems that Clinton got a lot more action than Bill after all, which brings us to the issue Clinton has been running into the ground since her campaign began, the issue of experience.
    As we all know, Clinton served in the White House from 1993 to 2001. While her husband was having an extra-marital affair, Clinton was away, building up America’s foreign policy, solving conflicts abroad. For instance, she recently claimed to have ended the age-old conflict between Protestants and Catholics in Northern Ireland. Although Bill has historically claimed this as one of his great achievements, he finally regressed by deciding not to go to the 10th anniversary of the 1993 Good Friday peace agreement there.
    In general, Clinton was at least partially responsible for every one of her husband’s successes. She was there holding his hand, soaking in everything it takes to be the commander-in-chief of the United States. With this in mind, who would you want answering the emergency telephone in the White House at 3 a.m.?
    Of course, the answer to that question is Hillary Clinton, as she so aptly pointed out in her famous Texas advertisement.
    “Your vote will decide who answers that call,” the ad announced. “Whether it’s someone who already knows the world’s leaders, knows the military – someone tested and ready to lead in a dangerous world.”
    Like Bush, Clinton understands the danger, yes, the stakes, involved in current world politics. God forbid Americans vote for another candidate who doesn’t have as many Washington ties.
    As I have illustrated, Clinton has more balls than Obama. Obama has no military experience, whereas Clinton escaped bullets in Bosnia. In light of new revelations, you may think that Clinton’s action-packed adventure story is not true, but that simply depends on what your definition of “is” is. In my book, Clinton is nothing short of a war hero, someone like Chuck Norris, perhaps.