Bulldog Bash 2012 lineup to be announced tonight in stadium

The 2012 Bulldog Bash lineup will be announced Friday evening before the Welcome Back to Davis Wade movie showing.
To celebrate the return of football season and prepare for student ticket sales, the Student Association will be premiering The Hunger Games on the jumbotron of Davis Wade Stadium.
The Welcome Back to Davis Wade program will start at 9 p.m. and gates will open at 8 p.m. The SA will announce the full concert lineup before the movie.
Shelby Balius, SA president, said the selection process for acts for Bulldog Bash begins after the executive council is elected and cabinet members are appointed in mid-April .
“From the point our cabinet is picked, we have our two Bulldog Bash co-directors and they start on the full list of artists they want to have,” Balius said.
Balius also said potential bands chosen by the directors, bands with local ties and bands suggested by students are compiled into lists.
Next, the SA sends the suggested artists’ names to their agent that helps with booking, who is the same agent for Music Makers Productions.
Once the student suggestion process is closed, the SA takes the near-300 submissions for 90-100 artists and submits them to concertideas.com for a list of prices of artists.
This eliminates higher-priced artists and a list of quotes is sent back to the SA agent.
One new feature to this year’s Bulldog Bash will be the opponent for this year’s Nov. 2 game.
In collaboration with the Texas A&M student body president, Balius said welcoming the Aggies to the SEC will be featured in this year’s schedule of events.
“We’re going to kind of take that opportunity to welcome them into the SEC game weekend experience,” she said. “We’re going to invite them to the Dog Rally, and we’re going to see if they are interested in having their midnight yell. We’re going to offer that they come into the Cotton District to do it.”
Balius said the camaraderie is to celebrate the traditions of both institutions and to welcome Texas A&M into the SEC family.
Some features to last year’s event will remain the same such as the projector screen and VIP section next to the main stage during the concert.