The Killers, Battle Born reviewed

Y’all. Brandon Flowers. The man is amazing. On Tuesday, he and the rest of The Killers released Battle Born, their fourth album since 2004.  Reminiscent of 80s style rock and roll, The Killers have put forth a refreshing sound with every new CD without straying too far from the sound fans adore. But really, when you have a voice as memorable as Brandon Flowers, how could you possibly desert that classic synthetic pop sound? Flowers recently told NME music blog, “People are going to be able to relate to and understand these songs. Pound for pound, this is our strongest record, and I’m really excited about it.”
Long-time fan Helen Geary, sophomore undeclared major, said she agrees.
“Brandon’s done it again. This album slays so hard,” she said.
The album’s cohesiveness is its most remarkable quality. It covers every emotion felt by American youth: Young love found and lost, the disillusionment that accompanies the search for the ever-elusive American dream, and the decision to continue searching for a meaningful life all blend together to create an album with a soul, one that dreams and feels and gets knocked down and picks itself back up again. This is the kind of music that incites excitement and passion in its fans. Tracks like stadium-filler “Runaways” beg fans to put their lighters up and sing along, and heartfelt power ballads like “The Way It Was” and “Heart of a Girl” show Brandon’s more sensitive side.
Crank up the volume. This is one fine work of art.