Donny Banerjee ready to take on expanded responsibilities on SA

According to Donny Banerjee, Student Association attorney general, Mississippi State University students can expect to see positive changes in upcoming years.
As attorney general, Banerjee said his job mainly revolves around the Student Association’s constitution.
“It is my job to update and interpret the constitution and field any questions concerning it,” Banerjee said.
Even though Banerjee is a biochemistry major, he said he has always had a passion for student government.
“I knew the moment I stepped on campus that I wanted to get involved in some capacity with the Student Association here at Mississippi State,” he said. “I had positive experiences on Freshman Council and as a member of cabinet. I viewed running for attorney general as an opportunity to take on more responsibility and serve the student body in a larger capacity.”
Banerjee has taken on many responsibilities since being elected. He is currently working with SA President Shelby Balius and Vice President Park Wynn on an overhaul of MSU’s elections code.
“There are several things that we feel need to be changed and/or clarified in order to better our student election process,” he said.
Banerjee also said he would like to explore options with the newly-elected class council on how to incorporate the opinion of the student body regarding the selection of class gifts.
“I feel this will help them select the best gift to represent their class and generate interest among students for their fundraising efforts,” he said.
Another issue Banerjee said he feels is important is the Campus Master Plan.
“The plan has been adopted and is now in its operation stage,” he said. “I am working with our press secretary to help publicize the plan and educate students on the changes that our campus will experience in the coming years.”
Banerjee’s responsibilities also include being the student representative for grade appeal hearings and Associate Dean’s Council
and serving on a committee last spring to revise the MSU Honor code. He said he views his positions as a privilege.
Banerjee
describes his experience with the SA executive board as phenomenal.
“I have the opportunity to work with some amazing people every day, and I am excited to see what this group will accomplish before we leave office.”