Bracelets help improve life in Nepal

The Lily and Laura bracelets seem to be the new fad for girls on campus. While the bracelets serve as stylish wrist candy, they also support a great cause.
Using the finest glass beads in the world, the bracelets are handcrafted by Laura and women artist in Kathmandu Valley, Nepal. The goal of the Lily and Laura bracelets is to pay more than fair trade salaries to the women in Nepal so they can improve the quality of their lives.
Hannah Busing, sophomore accounting major, said she loves the bracelets.
“I think it’s so cool how the bracelets give girls our age a fun way to give to others,” Busing said.
Many boutiques and gift shops in Starkville are selling the Lily and Laura bracelets. The managers of Giggleswick Gifts and LA Green Boutique said they are excited about selling these bracelets and the impact they are making.
Abbey Flynn, manager of Giggleswick Gifts, said the bracelets have been popular.
“They are very fun and fashionable,” Flynn said. “Our initial order sold out almost completely within one week. We are expecting to receive another shipment at the beginning of November.”
Lauren Cooper, manager of LA Green Boutique, said the bracelets are a stylish way to make a difference.
“They are fun and trendy. They go with everything so I love them. Also, your purchase helps to improve the quality of life for these women and their families in Nepal,” she said.
Your purchase of a Lily and Laura bracelet will help make a difference in the lives of these families in Nepal. These bracelets give women a chance to support a good cause and look cute doing it. They are selling for $12 each or three bracelets for $30.