Bulldog Bash presents Andy Grammer

Andy Grammer arrives in Starkville for Bulldog Bash this weekend all the way from his home in Los Angeles, Calif.
A prime example of an artist who has climbed to the top of the music industry ladder, Grammer started out as a street performer in California. On his website, Grammer said his passion for music led him to the streets.
“I didn’t know what else to do. So I just went out there and started playing,” he said.
The escalation of Grammer’s career is especially impressive considering the big names with which he has performed. Grammer has performed with record-breaking artists Taylor Swift, Colbie Caillat and Natasha Bedingfield, as well as recorded an award-winning video for his popular song “Keep Your Head Up.” His first headlining tour is set to take place in 2013.
With this year’s Bulldog Bash primarily showcasing country music, Grammer is a breath of fresh, country twang-less air for the pop fans at Mississippi State University. With his optimistic, feel-good, singer-songwriter vibe, Grammer is reminiscent of previous Bulldog Bash performers Jason Mraz and Gavin DeGraw. His music is characterized by smooth and relatable lyrics, and fans are bound to hum along to the catchy melodies and tap their toes to the steady rhythms of songs like “Miss Me” and “Keep Your Head Up.” Although Grammer is technically classified as a singer-songwriter, his songs are accented by percussion instruments, giving his songs a unique hip-hop vibe.
“For me, it’s always been about a mix of hip-hop, acoustic singer/songwriters and piano rock. I pull all those together. Each song may lean more heavily on one than the other, but they all have all three pieces,” Grammer said.
This hip-hop vibe presented by Grammer gives his music less of a bubble-gum pop feel and more of a hard-hitting and passionate vibe.