One Direction’s, Take Me Home, reviewed

Only eight months after debuting the record-breaking their Up All Nightalbum, the boys of One Direction are back to give their fans exactly what they want: more reasons to scream for their favorite United Kingdom heartthrobs. One Direction released its sophomore album titled Take Me Home in the United States on Nov. 13.
“Live While We’re Young,” the first single released from Take Me Home back in October, follows the similar cheesy yet catchy formula of 1D’s initial hit “What Makes You Beautiful.” Featured in a comical Pepsi commercial, the song was also recently recognized as the highest-ever Hot 100 debut by a U.K. group after reaching No. 3 on the Billboard songs chart.
Taking a step in a different direction, the acoustic ballad “Little Things” was recently released as the second single. This track was co-written by the members’ friend and fellow British singer Ed Sheeran and shares his sweetly vulnerable music style.
All five boys also participated in writing songs this time around. “Last First Kiss,” “Back for You” and “Summer Love” each contain pop-rock vibes and lyrics added by 1D members.
Unlike boy bands of the past, not one personality dominates a majority of the “Take Me Home.” Highlights from its debut album commonly featured the typical line-up of Payne with the first verse, Styles following, Malik with the bridge and small bits from Horan and Tomlinson often hidden near the end. Sticking true to boy-band style, the song tempos and topics are generally similar to the members debut album. However, familiarity is what its fans want after only gaining this musical obsession less than a year ago. Several songs could be released as singles and easily succeed on radio charts.