MSU myCourses mobile app launched for students

On Friday, a new Blackboard Learn Mobile App for Mississippi State University’s myCourses officially became available.  The app includes many features of myCourses but does not have the full features of the online version. 
The app can be accessed through any mobile device app store and is available at no cost.  The app allows students to access all of the courses they are currently enrolled in and also past classes. With the campus moving more toward off-campus technology, this is a great step toward that goal. 
Rhett Hobart, Student Association president, said in an email this is a great step forward toward off-campus technology.
Hobart also said the app is very beneficial for students.
“We are excited to bring this new feature to our campus as a convenience for our students,” he said. “This app will provide students with the flexibility to check myCourses, to post discussions, as well as check grades and other files while on the go.”
Shelby King, junior music education major, said the app is very convenient. 
She said the app is easy to access and is a lot quicker than having to look at myCourses through the cell phone Internet browser. 
“Seeing that most students, including myself, stay on the go and busy, this helps in being able to access grades and homework from nearly anywhere,” King said.  “I also like how the app calculates grade percentages.  That is a very neat and convenient feature.”
The Information Technology Services website provides support on the app and also answers questions students may have.  Students and faculty can contact Mike Rackley, chief information officer at MSU for more information.