Three suspects arrested, charged with capital murder

%26%23160%3B

Three suspects have been arrested and charged with capital murder in connection with the campus shooting that led to a Mississippi State University student’s death on Saturday.
Trent Deundra Crump, 21, of Flowood was located and taken into custody Tuesday on a capital murder warrant in Gainseville, Fla., and was held at the Alachua County Sheriff’s Department. MSU Police Chief Georgia Lindley said on Wednesday afternoon MSU Police Department detectives had been dispatched to pick Crump up and bring him back to Oktibbeha county.
Duntae Harvey, 21, turned himself in to the U.S. Marshals service at an apartment complex in Jackson at his family’s encouragement, Lindley said. She said Wednesday afternoon that Harvey is currently in the Clay County Jail.
Mason Perry Jones, 21, of Jackson, was arrested on Sunday night by the U.S. Marshals service in Memphis on a February warrant from the Jackson Police Department for armed robbery. He was arrested in DeSoto County on Monday for capital murder. Lindley said Wednesday afternoon that Jones is in the Oktibbeha County Jail.
Lindley said the investigation is ongoing and the MSU Police Department is determining if a gun found near Chadwick Lake is involved in the homicide.
“We encourage anybody that has seen anything or (believes they have) information of value to call us,” she said.
She said the next step is to set a court appearance for the three suspects and for the police department to continue to work with the district attorney on the case.
As of Wednesday afternoon, she said there is no court date set.
Oktibbeha County coroner Michael Hunt ruled the death of John Sanderson, 21, of Madison, a homicide. The autopsy results showed Sanderson was shot twice – once in the chest and once in the arm, which went through into his abdomen. Hunt said it looks like the gun involved in the shooting was a .32 caliber.
Hunt said he expects the toxicology results in three weeks.