NeedTo.com connects employees, employers

NeedTo.com, an Austin, Texas start-up, is looking to reach students and citizens in Starkville as it seeks to reduce the burden of unemployment by creating short-term jobs across the country.
Russell Adams, co-founder, said NeedTo works to match helpers, or short-term employees, with people who have a variety of needs.
Adams, a Mississippi native, said he thinks NeedTo is the first social helping platform designed to pair those needing help with those offering help.
“Every day, people and businesses have things they need to get done but don’t have the time or talent themselves to do it,” he said. “There are people looking for work, but don’t have an efficient way of finding those that need their help.”
Co-founder Wade Floyd said he thinks NeedTo will help people find work within their community.
“Creating jobs at the hyper-local level allows the person down the street to hire their neighbor to run errands, cut the lawn or fix their computer,” a press release said. “NeedTo.com is based on the idea that we can help people find work and make a contribution towards eliminating unemployment. These are regular people looking for everyday services; they just aren’t in touch with each other yet.”
The NeedTo service is free to use. Individuals or businesses can post a need on the website with details about the project and what they are looking for in helpers. Those looking for work can sign in, review jobs that match their abilities and offer their services.
Adams said adding as many details as possible and including a photo to help describe the need will assist a potential employee understand the job posting.
Employers choose the offer that best fits their need, and when the job is complete, pay the short-term employee for their service, according to the press release.
NeedTo, which has a goal of creating 1,000 jobs in its first six weeks, officially launched Thursday. Over 200 needs have already been posted to the website.
Adams said he hopes by making an easy-to-use platform that can be used nationwide, unemployment will decrease and jobs will be created in every town.
“I believe this is an amazing opportunity to disrupt and help change the local service economy with a better, more efficient way of getting what you need done,” he said.
While the business is based in Austin, Texas, NeedTo is open to job postings across the nation. Adams said the company plans to expand the business across the southern states.
“If someone posts a need in Tacoma, Wash., we will make sure they get offers. We are going to focus on the Austin area and Mississippi with some emphasis on Tuscaloosa and Athens,” he said.
Adams said he thinks NeedTo can cater to students as well as professionals because it is all based on the needs of those in the area.
“I see students seizing this opportunity to make some money fulfilling needs of people in the community,” he said. “Students will also be posting needs like tutoring, class notes and proofreading papers that other students will fulfill.”
Adams said NeedTo is looking for interns for the Starkville area and has posted the internships as a need on the website for any residents who are interested.