Student arrested for auto related burglaries

On Jan. 21, Mississippi State University freshman Chandler Mize was arrested near Rocky Road in Starkville, Mississippi, and charged with 12 counts of auto burglary.
According to Sergeant John Davis of the Oktibbeha County Sheriff’s Department, the department received a report from a resident in Aspen Heights that evening stating their vehicle had been broken into.
“Once the call was made, deputies were in close enough vicinity to catch Mize out on the road carrying stolen property,” Davis said. “He was arrested on sight, around the vicinity of Rocky Road.”
Sid Salter, MSU chief communications officer, said at the time of Mize’s arrest, he was still a student of MSU.
“We do not discuss student discipline,” Salter said. “We don’t discuss whether or not there is a suspension either. The university will not confirm nor deny Mize’s current student status.”
Brad Massey, MSU Police Department detective, said  it is unclear whether  school suspension for Mize will take place.
“When the university suspends someone, they give you an opportunity to appeal the suspension,” Massey said.  “These matters are usually handled by the university.”
Reportedly, Mize is still being held in custody, with a bond of $120,000. The bond amounts are $10,000 per count.