Coffee: Fall drink season returns

With the fall season officially approaching in less than one week, it is time for  coffee shops to give the people what they love the most—fall drinks.

Nine-twentynine, Strange Brew and Starbucks are three well-known coffee bars in Starkville. Each of these locations has already released their fall drinks.

Nine-twentynine, located in downtown Starkville, has only released one fall drink—their famous pumpkin spice latte. 

Jamie Anderson, Nine-twentynine manager, said the drink has been a customer favorite.

“Customers love our pumpkin spice latte, and it is a great fall treat,” he said.

Located on Highway 12, Strange Brew shares their delicious beverages with the public. 

Dane Lott, a Strange Brew employee, said they have added pumpkin to every original drink they have, and customers seem to enjoy it. 

“We encourage customers to combine their own flavors and be creative with their drinks, as we guide them through the process,” Lott said. “We have white chocolate pumpkin spice, and an autumn chai. We use pumpkin juice as our steamer, which is simply a mixture of milk and the pumpkin flavor. We also have drinks called Brown Sugar Bear and Maple Harvest, which we serve year-round but classify as a fall drink.”

Starbucks, which is located in both the Colvard Student Union and on Highway 12, is also ready for the upcoming season. They have made their fall drinks available to the public, and their usual customers are wasting no time standing in line to purchase.

Breana Thames, senior engineering major, said she loves when the fall drinks come into play.

“Fall is one of my favorite seasons because believe it or not, I actually anticipate fall drinks,” Thomas said. “I drink Starbucks at least four days out of the week, so the drinks really make my day. My favorite is the salted caramel mocha frappuccino. As an engineering major, the drinks are pretty much what get me through each day.”

If you are ready to give the fall drinks a try, do not hesitate to stop by one of these coffee shops. Each location is open Monday through Sunday, excluding Starbucks’ location on campus, which is open Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m.-8 p.m., Friday    from 7 a.m.-4 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Strangebrew  is open from 6 a.m.-12 a.m. everyday, and Nine-twentynine is open from 7 a.m.-9 p.m. everyday, excluding sunday, closing at 6 p.m.