SA passes Res 20-1, Res 21, changes election date

During Mississippi State University’s Student Association  business meeting. On Nov. 12, the senate passed the redrafted resolution 20-2 voicing student support to allow students to reschedule regular-semester tests  if more than two tests are scheduled on the same day and Resolution 21 supporting the installation of traffic control devices on the streets surrounding the Junction. SA also amended Bill 10, rescheduling the SA Executive Elections to Feb. 2 instead of the fourth Tuesday in February. 
Bill 9-2, which would have formed ‘Junior SA,’  a program aimed at educating underclassmen on how SA works, failed even after a previous redrafting effort. SA President Jojo Dodd said there are a number of similar programs in place, and ‘Junior SA’ would have been redundant. 
Both Resolution 20-2 and 21 will be submitted to MSU’s upper administration, explaining that both contain measures and policy changes the SA believes the student body desires. 
Resolution 20-2 was tabled during its first appearance on the agenda. Dodd said the language needed to be clearer and it was redrafted during the following committee meeting with the aid of Sunny Patel, MSU’s chief of policy. 
Dodd said MSU’s master plan, which details various construction projects and campus improvements planned for years to come, already outlines the addition of traffic control measures such as stop signs to be added to streets surrounding the Junction. He said Resolution 21 states the student body is in favor of these changes, and would like to see them sooner rather than later. 
The Senate reworded Bill 10 to schedule SA Senate elections to be held alongside SA Executive Elections on the first Tuesday of February as opposed to the fourth Tuesday of the same month, as well as mandating a two week transition period for the entire SA.