Theta Iota Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma presents Blu Light Special fashion show

The Theta Iota Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma presents their 3rd Annual Blu Light Special fashion show. The show is Wednesday night in the Colvard Student Union’s Foster Ballroom. Doors open at 7:14 p.m. Admission is $1.

K. Marshall II, fashion coordinator and stylist, is one of the producers for the show. 

Robert Nichols, senior agricultural engineering technology business major and member of the Phi Beta Sigma fraternity, said he also helped produce the show.

“I’m mostly looking forward to the talents that will be displayed through our models,” he said. “Most of the girls involved have a true passion for modeling and I just love that we are able to broadcast that for the public to see.”

Nichols said this show will give the public an opportunity to show how outgoing and well rounded he and his fraternity brothers are.

“I believe this show will shine a different light on our fraternity,” he said. “It gives us a chance to show how well-rounded we are while supporting other people’s passion as well as using the profits of the show to donate to our philanthropy, March of Dimes.”

March of Dimes is a non-profit organization that funds research and programs striving to put an end to premature birth, birth defects and infant mortality. This United States organization helps to improve the health of both mothers and babies. All proceeds raised during the show will be donated to the organization. 

Vidal Cox, senior kinesiology major and Sigma since spring 2014, said this will be one of the fraternity’s greatest shows yet.

“The men of Phi Beta Sigma fraternity have put a lot of time and work into making this a successful show,” Cox said. “We are looking forward to giving these young ladies and young gentleman a chance to express themselves fashionably and to bring positivity to our fraternity.”