‘State of Black Men’ panel to discuss leadership, challenges

The Men of Excellence of the Holmes Cultural Diversity Center will host the first State of Black Men Panel Discussion on Nov. 12. The symposium will be the first student driven, student centered and student led event. origionally, this was going to be a single event. then,  Timothy Fair had the vision to expand this event to a series of discussion to explore various issues.
The event will be an extensive discussion on the difficulty of gaining student leadership, the challenges that one may face in going to graduate school and the importance of attire different settings. 
The panels will be held all day long and the panel discussion will conclude with the keynote speaker Dr. Perry at 6 p.m. Perry, a best selling author, is the founder and principal of the highly acclaimed Capital Preparatory Magnet School.
Issac Lias, MoX, president, feels that this panel discussion will give students a new perspective on what obstacles minority students especially males, face on a daily basis. 
“I feel that the symposium will give minority students, especially young black males, a sense of confidence as well as the feeling that “nothing is impossible.” The barriers that are ahead for black males at predominantly white institutions have all been experienced, and these barriers can all be overcome.” Lias said. 
Charles Reese, a member of MoX, feels that this symposium is much needed in today’s time.
“This will bring light to what black men go through on a daily basis not just about going to a prominently white institution but it’s about all aspects of life.