Suspects arrested in weekend robbery, kidnapping

Around 8 p.m. Friday night, an armed robbery was reported from the B-Quik food store and Chevron gas station unit on East Lee Boulevard adjacent to Mississippi State University’s campus.
Oktibbeha County Sheriff’s Department, the MSU Police Department and the Starkville Police Department investigators arrested Shanquell Fairly, 20, of Gulfport, Mississippi and MSU sophomore Marcus Keys, 19, on charges of armed robbery and kidnapping.
Deputy Darrell Holley of the Oktibbeha County Sheriff’s Department confirmed Friday night the two suspects were arrested shortly after the Sheriff’s department received a call from the B-Quik store. 
Lieutenant Brett Watson of the Oktibbeha County Sheriff’s department released a report Saturday stating the victim of the robbery and kidnapping has been located and is unharmed.
“Fairly and Keys remain in the Oktibbeha County Jail pending a bond hearing,” Watson’s report reads.  
According to Watson, the investigation into the incident continues. 
Front-counter cashier at B-Quik, Garrett Dorman, said the actual robbery took place across the street from the gas station in a parking lot.
“Basically around eight o’clock, a guy came in and said that he had just got robbed at gunpoint and asked if he could use the phone,” Dorman said. “He called the police and then they came down. From what I gathered from the situation, the guy had been with one of his friends across the street.”
Dorman said upon arriving across the street, the individual who made police call exited the vehicle along with his friend, then two individuals with a pump-action shot gun appeared and requested that the individual who made police call get on the ground. 
“At first they took his wallet and his phone, but then they kept his phone and gave him back his wallet,” Dorman said. “I don’t know if they took the cash out or what. They told individual who made phone call to go and they took his friend with them. The last I heard from what the police were trying to decide is whether it was a kidnapping, or if he got set up.”