MSU Alumna releases best-seller

Anitra Shelton-Quinn, a Mississippi State University alumni, recently released her inspiring new book “Becoming Incredibly Irresistible: A Guide to Living an Abundant Life.” 

Quinn was born and raised in nearby West Point, Mississippi. She received a Ph.D. from MSU in school psychology, a master’s degree in school psychology from MSU and a master’s degree in gerontology from Northeast Louisiana University. 

Quinn said she was involved in everything she could think of while a student at MSU. She was a member of pom squad, a Roadrunner, peer counselor ambassador, an RA and a writer for The Reflector. 

“Mississippi State is a staple of who I am, to me. There are just so many memories and so many great people,” Quinn said.

Over the past 20 years, Quinn   has worked as a school psychologist, mental health center supervisor, mental health center manager/director and director of school psychology. She is also a motivational speaker, minister, mentor and married mother of two.

She recently released her Amazon best-seller, “Becoming Incredibly Irresistible: A Guide to Living the Abundant Life,” a motivational book based on her work experience.

“I now have this new book ‘Becoming Incredibly Irresistible: A Guide to Living the Abundant Life,’ in which I actually took the strategies and all of the different psychological techniques that I would give to a client in a session and infused them in this book, as it relates to dealing with everyday life issues, and I couple that with Christian principles because I believe that success comes from having that strong Christian foundation,” Quinn said.

Along with the book, Quinn is doing a speaking tour and giving faith based and non-faith based training.

“If I had to say the overall message of this book in one statement, it’s you can be and have anything that your heart desires as long as you put your mind to it and you know who you are,” Quinn said. “You are successful no matter what.”

According to Quinn, being able to help other people has been the most fulfilling part of her career so far.

“For me, being able to take ministry and take psychology and bridge the two together and really leave people feeling better and wanting more and living better is truly the highlight of my career,” Quinn said. “Whether it’s in schools or nursing homes or the myriad of places I’ve been able to work and volunteer, at the end of the day, there’s one common denominator, someone was helped and made better.”

For more information about “Becoming Incredibly Irresistible” or Anitra Shelton-Quinn visit her website drshelton-quinn.com.