Students fight back, ticket parking services’ golf carts

Joshua Britt | The Reflector

Students defaced MSU Executive Director of Transportation Jeremiah Dumas’ headshot.

Mississippi State University students have had enough with parking services handing out bright yellow ticket after bright yellow ticket.
As a form of payback, students began placing tickets on parking services’ golf carts and shoving paper fines under the glass dividers in the offices that separate the omniscient parking gods from the common folk.
“Since day one, parking services has attacked students with their incessant need to ticket us,” said junior Walmart managing major John Doe. “It’s time for us to take matters into our own hands.”
Doe started organizing the attack on parking services Monday. He said he was compelled to form the coalition because it is his “civic duty as a person of the people.” 
“Yeah, I just couldn’t sit by and let parking services continue to hurt my fellow Americans,” Doe said. 
The students’ antics do not amuse parking services employees. Executive Director of Transportation Jeremiah Dumas explained employees’ turmoil about receiving a taste of their own medicine.
“I mean,” Dumas said with his head in his hands, “gosh, you really—gosh, why would they do this? What on earth would possess someone to do this? You’d have to have such hatred in your heart.”
When asked if what he said was hypocritical, Dumas offered no comment.
Students have no plans to stop their ticketing. Doe said the group will continue to fine the employees until “justice is served.”
However grim the situation may be, Dumas said he plans to implement even stricter parking guidelines to teach the students a lesson on payback. He said he would not rest until each MSU student was ticketed for parking in the incorrect commuter zone.
“We’re not scared of them,” protest organizer Doe said. “We know how they play their little games.”
President Mark Keenum did not comment by publication time.
Editor’s note: April fools! All details, facts and figures in this Ye Deflector article were fabricated. Check back on Wednesday for your regularly scheduled content.

Heather Harrison
Heather Harrison, Former Editor-in-Chief
Heather Harrison served as the Editor-in-Chief of The Reflector from 2022 to 2023. She also served as the News Editor from 2021 to 2022.