ZZ Top set to take Humphrey Coliseum stage Oct. 30, brought to campus by MMP

“Cause every girl crazy ‘bout a sharp dressed man.” Although most people recognize this line from the A&E hit TV show “Duck Dynasty,” the voice behind this well-known lyrical line is none other than the ‘70s and ‘80s band, ZZ Top. 
Dusty Hill,     Billy Gibbons and Frank Beard make up the iconic rock band which will be heading to none other than Mississippi State University’s very own Humphrey Coliseum Oct. 30, courtesy of Music Maker Productions.
MMP works to bring in a diverse group of artists every year. Last year’s lineup included FUN. performing at the Humphrey Coliseum, a concert by 2Chainz at the MSU Horse Park and The Neighbourhood at the Old Main Music Festival.
ZZ Top is a classic rock band that all audiences will be able to enjoy. College students are almost certainly familiar with the group on account of the band’s catchy tune “Sharp Dressed Man,” used as Duck Dynasty’s theme song, and the older crowd will enjoy reminiscing to the songs played by the band. 
Drew Dygert, MSU junior agronomy major and ZZ Top fan, said he was enthused upon hearing the news that the classic rock band would be coming to our campus.
“ZZ Top is legendary. The band’s music is everywhere — in movies, commercials, TV shows, and video games,” Dygert said. “I remember playing some of their songs on guitar hero and the fact that they’re an older band does not phase me at all. It will truly be an honor to have them perform here at Mississippi State.”
Logan Reeves, Assistant Director of Research and Development for the Student Association, said the student body will enjoy ZZ Top’s concert because their look is in right now, and their music is very good.
“Beards are in, and ZZ Top will not fail to impress with their beards or their sounds,” he said.
Ticket information for the concert is unavailable but will be announced soon on MMP’s official website, msuconcerts.com. Student discounts will be offered to the first 1,000 MSU students purchasing tickets in person at the Center for Student Activities. Their office is located in suite 314 in the Colvard Student Union. Attendees of the October concert will be able to hear a legendary rock band as well as witness the dark sunglasses, long beards and leather get-up that go along with icons.