Justin Moore to headline 2014 Bulldog Bash: The Dirty Guv’nahs, Drake White & The Big Fire, Plazapalooza winner to open

Mississippi State University will host its 15th Annual Bulldog Bash this year on October 3, the day prior to MSU’s Southeastern Conference home football game against Texas A&M University.

Country singer Justin Moore, who is best known for the number one singles “Small Town USA” and “If Heaven Wasn’t So Far Away,” will headline the event this year following opening acts The Dirty Guv’nahs, Drake White & the Big Fire  and Plazapalooza 2014 winner.

Moore was born March 30, 1984 in Poyen, Arkansas. He started his musical career in 2007, and this year he won the Academy of Country Music Award for New Artist of the Year.

Brett Harris, marketing and management double major student and Student Association President, said he is excited about the artists and events that have been prepared for the students this year.

“We believe Justin Moore will be a good fit for Mississippi State students. We are excited that he recently won New Artist of the Year 2014 at the Academy of Country Music Awards,” he said.

For some people, this year will be their first time attending the event, and they are in for a wonderful surprise.

Sophomore finance major, Allyra Williams, said she also looks forward to having a good time at Bulldog Bash. She attended the event as a freshman last school year and enjoyed herself. She’s been looking forward to attending again every since then.

“I don’t know much about Justin Moore, but I am still excited that he will be performing this year. Bulldog Bash is such a fun experience, and I am glad State always has so many cool things to offer us,” she said.

On Sept. 3,     The Mississippi State Bulldog Bash twitter page (@MSUBulldogBash) expressed excitement about the event as well.

“We are one month away from @JustinColeMoore in the Cotton District! Special shout out to our title sponsor @CSpire for supporting #BBash14!”

Bulldog Bash was created in 1999 to help kick off SEC football games for the MSU Bulldogs and is intended to bring the student body, alumni and community together for a night of fun.

In its initial year, Bulldog Bash drew in a crowd of around 2,000 and has grown much more over the years. Bulldog Bash now hosts crowds exceeding 35,000 students, alumni and fans of the MSU Bulldogs.

Bulldog Bash 2014 will definitely be one for the books .

If you are interested in being a performer or a sponsor for this wonderful event, you can contact the director, Margaret Bernheim, at [email protected].