SEC West tougher than ever before

Five of the seven teams in the Western Division of the SEC are ranked in the top 10 of the Associated Press Top 25 Poll. The division looks tougher than ever.   
The Mississippi State Bulldogs have started the season 3-0 with wins over Southern Miss, UAB and South Alabama. Solid performances by junior quarterback Dak Prescott and an impressive defensive line have led the team. 
The LSU Tigers have also started the season 3-0 with wins over Wisconsin, Sam Houston State and UL Monroe. Wisconsin was a very tough opponent to start the season. The game was played in Houston, Texas, and the Tigers scored 21 unanswered points in the second half to win the game 28-24. Since the third quarter of that game, the LSU defense has not allowed a single point. 
The No. 3 Alabama Crimson Tide are always considered by many to be the favorites to win not only the SEC West, but also favorites to win the national championship. Alabama won the national championship in 2009, 2011 and 2012. Many fans and critics were not impressed with Alabama’s opener against West Virginia. The Crimson Tide beat the unranked Mountaineers by a score of 33-23 in Atlanta, Georgia. Since then, Alabama has decimated Florida Atlantic and Southern Miss at home. Senior quarterback Blake Sims has completed 75 percent of his passes this season and has thrown for 646 yards, four touchdowns and one interception.
The Ole Miss Rebels are in the top 10 for the first time since the 2009 season. The Rebels are 3-0 with impressive wins over Boise State, Vanderbilt and the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Senior quarterback Bo Wallace has led the Rebel offense this season with over 1,000 yards passing and nine touchdowns this season. The Ole Miss defense has only allowed 31 points so far this season, while the Rebel offense has scored 132 points. The Rebels play their first SEC West foe on Oct. 4 when they host the Alabama Crimson Tide.
Many fans expected Texas A&M to have a down year following the departure of quarterback Johnny Manziel. However, the Aggies look better than ever under the leadership of sophomore Kenny Hill. Hill shocked SEC fans as he torched the South Carolina defense in their opener, throwing for 511 yards and three touchdowns, ending a 19-game home winning streak for the Gamecocks. Hill has led the Aggies to a 3-0 record and and No. 6 ranking in the AP Poll. 
The SEC West division teams are a combined 18-0 this season against non-SEC West opponents. One thing is for sure, it will not be an easy road to Atlanta.