Mississippi bred bands The Weeks and Rock Eupora play free show on campus

Mississippi State University’s BYX fraternity holds a free concert for the students of the university each year, the “Island Party,” and this year’s musical guests include two Mississippi-bred bands: Rock Eupora and The Weeks.  
The concert will take place in the amphitheater at 8 p.m. and will open with Rock Eupora and end with Jackson natives The Weeks.
Clayton Waller, a former MSU student, created the band Rock Eupora.  Normally, Waller performs on his own; however, to perform live he needed a drummer, lead guitarist and bass player.
Waller moved to Nashville in August and has since had a harder time finding people to perform live with him. Previously, he said he has used some of his Mississippi friends for the live shows but that is no longer the case.
“I’ve been trying to find local musicians to play live shows for Rock Eupora, and kinda ‘re-form’ the live band,” Waller said.
Recently, Waller discovered a fellow Belmont student who was interested in playing the drums for Rock Eupora.
Cody Carpenter, who will play drums in the band,  is actually from Mississippi, which may have influenced the connection. Next, Waller worked to find a guitarist and succeeded when he met another student in his grad program.
“So it’s looking like I have a drummer and lead guitar player, but still in the process of finding a bass player and ironing all the details out,” Waller said.
Waller was originally in a band called Wolf Cove during college. BYX social chair, Jonathan Lancaster, knew of the band and offered to let Waller choose what band he wanted to bring back to MSU. Most of Wolf Cove moved away after graduation, so that left Waller with only one option, Rock Eupora.
“I am excited to play a hometown show,” Waller said.
For this hometown show the players will include Charles Adcock on bass, Will Walker on lead guitar and Paul Prudhomme on drums.
The night’s other performer, The Weeks, is a band native to Jackson, Mississippi. The indie band consists of vocalist and guitarist Uel Dee, vocalist Cyle Bones, Cain Cobra on drums, Dee Bone on bass and pianist and organist Admiral Collier.
The Weeks’ new album, “Buttons,” dropped in August and is available on 10” white vinyl.