Chamber Orchestra Kremlin visits MSU

As    an institution committed to the arts, Mississippi State University has an organization dedicated to expanding cultural and educational horizons.

The Lyceum Series on campus has offered exceptional performances to faculty and staff for over 40 years. With a goal of bringing national talent to MSU, Lyceum arranges yearly schedules of performances ranging from music to drama to dance.

This month’s event will be music–based with a performance from the internationally recognized Russian ensemble Chamber Orchestra Kremlin.

Since 1991, the orchestra has awed thousands with some of Russia’s finest young string players.

Amelia Treptow, assistant director of student activities, said MSU is excited to have the visitors from Russia, and the group’s conventional sounds will not disappoint.

“We look forward to sharing this musical experience with the public.  Chamber Orchestra Kremlin is a very talented group who play with a unique expressiveness that will draw the crowd into their performance of classical pieces,” she said.

The group, along with director Misha Rachlevksy, is based in Moscow and travels to several destinations across North and South America and the Far East. The group has given hundreds of performances during its 17 years, along with the production of a catalog containing over 30 recorded CDs.

The Lyceum Series has a committee full of students and staff who work to provide a wide variety of entertainment to the MSU community.

Walker Eaton, a graduate assistant in the Center of Student Activities, said he coordinates with the artists and performers upon arrival at MSU.

“We are extremely excited to bring Chamber Orchestra Kremlin to Mississippi State. With such a diversified background, we believe Chamber Orchestra Kremlin aids in extension of the mission of the MSU Lyceum Series by expanding cultural and educational horizons,” he said.

The concert will be Tuesday from 7:30-9 p.m. in Bettersworth Auditorium in Lee Hall.