Dawgs du Jour: Spotlighting MSU’s Most Fashionable

Spring is a time of new beginnings, as well as a time for everyone to showcase his or her floral patterns and pastels. With the fickle uncertainty of the weather lately, this has become something of a hardship for us fashion folk. But there is always the knowledgeable exception. Meet Miyatah Love, the 22-year-old accounting major  who tackles the faux optimism of the “fresh” spring weather. 

Q: Hey, how are you?

A: I’m fine, a little chilly, but good. 

Q: That’s good. What are you wearing? 

A: I am wearing a leopard print jacket from WesC, black cargo pants I’ve had forever, a typical pair of black combat boots, a comfortable denim button down, my bag is Anne Klein and just a bunch of accessories

Q: So what inspired today’s look? 

A: Honestly the cold weather. I figured since it’d be spring it’d be a lot warmer, you know? But I figured wrong. I literally just pulled everything out of the closet and found this. I didn’t know what I wanted to wear, but I knew for sure I didn’t want to wear a stuffy sweater. 

Q: Who’s your fashion/style icon? 

A: Currently I’d have to say the Jenner sisters, Kylie and Kendall. For them to be so young, they are so chic. I hope that doesn’t make me seem juvenile. 

Q: No, not at all. They’re a couple of budding fashionistas. How would you describe your style? 

A: I’m a little all over the place. It depends on how I’m feeling. Sometimes I feel a little Bohemian. Other times I feel rocker. I don’t like to dress in a constant way. It gets boring. 

Q: I totally agree. What’s your style must-have? 

A: Embarrassingly, I buy a lot of skinny jeans. I have skinny jeans in so many styles. 

Q: What’s your favorite trend?

A: The weather is so crazy, so I can’t say I have an established trend yet, but I’ll say maxi dresses and maxi skirts. 

Q: What’s your least favorite trend? 

A: Plaid. I hate plaid. 

Q: Why? 

A: I just never cared for it. 

Q: What do you think a person’s style should say? 

A: I think it should say who they are, what they’re about and what they believe in.