Spring Preview Day informs prospective students about different aspects of MSU

The Office of Admissions and Scholarships at Mississippi State University organized Spring Preview Day on Monday for prospective students and parents to get a taste of MSU. 
Various events were held at different locations on campus including housing tours, faculty interactions, a Q&A session with the representatives of the admissions office and a showcase of MSU’s prominent student organizations. 
The program began at 9 a.m. in the Sanderson Center and concluded at 3 p.m. 
Bill Broyles, assistant vice president for student affairs, said every person he spoke to has been thrilled with the reception they received at MSU.
“I have also been amazed at how many out of state entrants that are coming in and have started to think about their college future and where they may want to come,” Broyles said. “And seeing how great Mississippi State is welcoming them with great facilities and professors that we have, I think everyone is very very happy with what they have seen.” 
Paige Smith, Oxford resident and a mother of a high school junior, said the day was a great experience.
“We walked in the organizational halls and looked at different schools, we listened to the housing and financial aid and now we are going to the residence halls and then go to my son’s interest of major,” Smith said. 
Kelly Kirby, assistant coordinator of orientation and events at MSU, said Spring Preview Day is geared toward high school juniors and seniors interested in coming to MSU.
“We actually have about 580 registered students and 1,300 people including families that are here, so we are excited. There are a lot of things behind the scenes that go on — working with academics to get everything set up to the ice cream social, making sure that we have trash cans and electricity,” Kirby said. 
Daniel Wynn, MSU admissions counselor, said preview day is a great way for students and parents to see the university.
“It is kind of like open house,” Wynn said. “Tours, housing tours, to get to eat in the Perry Cafeteria or to get to eat in the union, information about different academic departments and also information on housing, scholarship, financial aid. So it is really their first opportunity to get to see a lot of things about Mississippi State in their high school junior year.”
Julia Keenly, Cathedral High School junior said the day was a wonderful experience at MSU, and she had a great morning at the Sanderson Center.
“I learned about the different activities and the things I could do on campus. I love Mississippi State, and I look forward to the experience I will have in two years,” Keenly said. 
For more information on future spring preview days, visit admissions.msstate.edu.