Office of Study Abroad holds annual fair

Mississippi State University’s International Institute will host a study abroad fair on the first floor of the Colvard Student Union on Wednesday, Jan. 23, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Katie Frantes, interim manager and coordinator for the Office of Study Abroad, said the fair, which is held each semester, allows students to talk to representatives of numerous programs.
“The study abroad fair will be pretty much the same as it has been in past semesters,” she said.
According to a press release from the Office of Study Abroad, programs from over 80 countries will be represented at the fair.
The press release also stated students can meet with other MSU students who have participated in study abroad programs.
Frantes said those who study abroad gain valuable knowledge and create many memorable experiences.
“Study abroad is something you’ll never regret,” she said. “I’ve talked to many alumni who wish they’d studied abroad.”
Frantes said study abroad can enhance a student’s appeal to potential employers.
 ”Study abroad can boost your resume,” she said. “It shows the ability to take risks, take initiative and do something different.”
Frantes also said the Office of Study Abroad only supports programs that produce transferrable credits for students.
“Students going through our office will be working for credit toward their major, minor or their general education requirements,” Frantes said.