Tomlin: 7 songs made for spring playlists

Baker Hall

As winter months finally come to a close, it is important to set the soundtrack for spring. Spring is about new beginnings, and that includes an updated playlist full of new music. These tunes are a great place to start a curated playlist for spring break.

“Doctor” by Remi Wolf

“Doctor” by Remi Wolf is a feminine anthem that takes a vibrant and eclectic approach to a pop song. Wolf’s unique vocals paired with her playful lyrics create an infectious sound. Like most of her melodies, Wolf’s energetic tone is funky and refreshing compared to other artists in her genre. This song is perfect for dancing through fields of spring flowers and singing on a road trip for spring break.

“Pull It Together” by The Greeting Committee

As the semester picks up speed, mental breakdowns and stressful study sessions are inevitable. Luckily, “Pull It Together” by The Greeting Committee is an indie pop song dedicated to healing your academic burnout and getting your shit together. This song features introspective lyrics that touch on themes of self-doubt, perseverance and the struggle to find one’s place in the world. The upbeat sound and inspiring meaning are a much needed addition to your walk across campus.

“The Adults Are Talking” by The Strokes

As a college student, each year provides a reminder that adulthood is right around the corner. College is a time for maturity and learning how to function as an adult. “The Adults Are Talking” by The Strokes describes that feeling to a tee. This tune has a laid-back yet energetic vibe that is quintessentially The Strokes with a blend of indie rock and post-punk influences. Overall, this toe-tapping song is one to listen to and look back on the trajectory of maturity.

“Growing/Dying” by The Backseat Lovers

The spring season is a time for self-reflection and change. “Growing/Dying” by The Backseat Lovers captures the cycle of life, reminding listeners that they are not alone and that every bad day produces a good day. “Growing/Dying” explores themes of change, self-discovery and the passage of time. The lyrics touch on the complexities of growing up and the challenges of navigating relationships and personal identity. Like the flowers in spring, this song expresses a time of bloom and growth despite the seasonal depression from the cold weather of winter.

“Rear Projection” by Hartle Road

It is never a bad time to support local music. Local band, Hartle Road, has many upbeat and groovy tunes on their latest album “Maxx II.” However, “Rear Projection” provides a funky soundtrack to blare on a road trip. The perk of listening to Hartle Road is the ability to see them play live at local venues, the perfect activity for the spring. This track is a great listen and resembles a jam session between friends.

“Vacation” by Still Woozy

Anything by Still Woozy is a perfect vibe for any spring activities, but “Vacation” is one of his most popular tracks, known for its dreamy, laid-back vibe and infectious melodies. Lyrically, “Vacation” captures the feeling of escapism and the desire to get away from the stresses of everyday life. The lyrics paint a picture of relaxation and freedom, inviting listeners to join in on the fantasy of taking a vacation. Luckily for students, spring break is right around the corner, and “Vacation” is the perfect track for a week of no classes.

“Can I Kick It?” by A Tribe Called Quest

The classic hip-hop track, “Can I Kick It?” by A Tribe Called Quest is the perfect song to chill to. The song’s positive energy, smooth production and memorable lyrics have solidified its status as iconic. This one may be recognizable for its appearances in TV, movies and samples in other songs. To capture the positive feeling of hanging out with friends, blast this song on the speakers of your next backyard barbeque.

As we embrace the spirit of renewal and growth, may these melodies uplift your mood, ignite your creativity and accompany you on every journey this season brings. So go ahead, press play and let the music of spring guide you towards moments of joy, connection and inspiration.

Lizzie Tomlin
Lizzie Tomlin, Staff Writer
Lizzie Tomlin is a senior political science major. Lizzie is currently a staff writer for The Reflector.