Ying Yang Twins to ‘twerk it,’ ‘shake it’ at The Hump

MSU students don’t usually hear of hip-hop artists coming to our campus, especially mainstream hip-hop artists. But hopefully that notion will soon change.
    Hip-hop artists Ying Yang Twins, an Atlanta-based rap duo, are coming to the Humphrey Coliseum at Mississippi State University this Friday night at 8 p.m. The concert, presented by Music Maker Productions and the Phi Beta Sigma fraternity, is expected to be a huge hit.
    Music Maker Productions representative Leanne Feibelman said, “This is really big for MSU; we haven’t had something like this happen in a while. I’m really excited about it.”
    Phi Beta Sigma Vice-President Jarvis Pruitt said the Phi Beta Sigma’s want to bring an artist to MSU that students love and will move students to get up and dance. He also said that students at MSU thrive off a party setting and that’s just what the Ying Yang Twins will bring to State.
    Feibelman also said, “[Music Maker Productions] want to participate in a variety of different concerts and appeal to a variety of students.”
    She added that MSU hasn’t booked hip-hop acts to playon our campus before. Ying Yang Twins will appeal to different groups on campus, which is why Music Maker Productions decided to help promote the concert with the Phi Beta Sigma fraternity.
    Hip-hop artists like Ying Yang Twins coming to MSU is something many students on campus have been waiting for and think is long overdue.
    Pruitt also said the Ying Yang Twins concert is definitely groundbreaking and will hopefully “open up more doors for hip-hop artists to come to more predominantly white schools like MSU.”
    He added that he hopes the concert will “give a chance to more Southern artists to broaden their audience.”
    The Ying Yang Twins will no doubt broaden their audience with their concert Friday night. The Twins already have a huge following, especially in the South and among club-hoppers.
    The concert is expected to be a non-stop party due to their many party and club anthems such as “Whistle While You Twurk,” “Say I Yi Yi,” “Saltshaker” and “Get Low,” their ubiquitous number one hit with uber-producers Lil’ Jon and the Eastside Boys. Their third and latest album off their label TVT Records, “Me and My Brother” has been certified gold and their latest single “Naggin'” is climbing the charts.