Surplus better than deficit

I am writing in response to Edward Sanders rose-colored view of Bush. Most of the moderates I know that support Bush only do so because they think Kerry or Nader may be worse, but they still concede that Bush is doing a bad job.
    Big surplus to big deficit in Bush’s term. This is a fact. And it’s not Clinton’s fault, as so many Republicans tend to hold on to. If Bush is re-elected, I wonder if our economic woes will still fall on Clinton’s shoulders. In response to outsourcing, Bush’s plan is “community college?” That is completely laughable. Outsourcing may be inevitable, but Bush’s corporate-friendly policies and his strategy of go to community college certainly isn’t going to make the problem go away.
    Sanders says, “A budget surplus implies that the government has overcharged the citizenry in taxes.” Not exactly. It could mean that the president didn’t blow the money away on space programs, wasted wars and missile defense. The people should not be grateful for a deficit and for rich people getting tax cuts.
    We pre-emptively attacked a country, and our soldiers are still dying for this. Our country is more divided than ever before. Seek out the facts (factcheck.org is great) and anyone can see that Bush is wrong for our nation.
    Preston McAllister is a graduate student in computer science and engineering.