The Reflector names new editors for spring

As students of Mississippi State look forward to the beginning of a new semester, The Reflector staff anticipates the arrival of three new additions to the editorial staff.
    Pam McTeer, current assistant news editor, will replace Heath Fowler as news editor. News writer Elizabeth Crisp will fill McTeer’s spot as assistant news editor. Current sports feature writer Jenn Rousey will fill Michael Stewart’s position as opinion editor.
    “The newsroom will not be the same without Heath and it will be hard to fill his shoes,” McTeer said of the graduating Fowler.
    McTeer is a junior journalism major from Hoover, Ala. She has worked for The Reflector since the fall of her sophomore year. McTeer started out as a news writer and moved to assistant news editor at the beginning of this semester.
    “I’ll really excited about working with the new staff,” McTeer said. “We have a lot of new talent coming in.”
    Editor in Chief Wilson Boyd said McTeer has done great this semester as the assistant news editor.
    “There’s not a doubt in my mind that she will do well as news editor,” Boyd said.
    Crisp, a sophomore communication major, hails from Pocahontas, Ark., where she was the editor in chief of her high school newspaper for two years.
    As a senior she attended the Arkansas Scholastic Press Association conference in Little Rock and was named Newspaper Editor of the Year. She is currently a member of the MSU Student Broadcasting Association and a student member of the Arkansas Press Women and the National Press Women Associations.
    Crisp said she has interviewed many people during her time at The Reflector and learned a lot from the stories she’s written.
    “I am looking forward to a chance to play a bigger part in the production of The Reflector,” Crisp added.
    Boyd is enthusiastic about Crisp joining the staff.
    “Elizabeth is one of our most gifted reporters and I think she will easily grow into the role of an editor,” Boyd said.
    Rousey will receive degrees in English, French and journalism in the spring. Originally from Champaign, Ill., Rousey was also the editor of her high school newspaper. She has interned with the College of Arts and Sciences and University Relations and has written several sports articles in The Reflector.
    In addition to her involvement with the newspaper, Rousey was also the middle blocker for MSU’s volleyball team this year.
    “Jenn is a talented and versatile writer and will bring an interesting perspective to the section,” Boyd said. “Though she’s coming from the sports section, she has an interest in a lot of different areas and will be able to write a compelling column.”
    Stewart is leaving to pursue other academic opportunities.
    Rousey is looking forward to working on the opinion section because she wanted to have the most responsibilities and experience for the career she is pursuing.
    “I’m looking forward to getting a lot of experience working in the newsroom because I’m going to pursue a job in journalism when I graduate in May,” Rousey said.